Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thing 1 & Thing 2 update


Good news! Thing 1 and Thing 2 are taming down nicely and are available for adoption from Adopt-A-Cat (www.adoptacattexas.org ) I got to visit them at the adoption center today. Thing 1 is not as ribby as she looks; that's just her stripes and the angle of the shot. They've both got good weight and live in a comfortable foster home.I'm happier about Thing 2; she's calm enough to face me even though I'm "staring" at her with the camera. That's a big improvement.
The rest of the colony is doing all right; today was kind of a "whew" day because yesterday I put some Revolution on the Black for his ear problems and maybe-mange, and it's always a tense time using it for the first time on a feral because you never know if they're one of the vanishingly rare ones who react badly to it. But he was headbumping and demanding food as usual, so all's well with that. He has an amazingly squeaky voice for such a large tom, and boy does he use it; it's nonstop squeak, squeak, squeak till the food is dispensed. He still tries to chase the others off; I guess I need to find him a barn to himself. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment