Monday, September 28, 2009

Phantom's a mystery

I'm seeing the Phantom (slightly) more often now that he knows where the regular food supply is (he shows up at the main dish but hangs back in the warehouse with Billie Jean). But I think I'm losing my mind; sometimes I peek under the barricade and I swear he's already eartipped! But then I see him another time and he's not. Well, looking under the door puts me at a weird angle, and looking from outdoor light into a dark interior; who knows? All I can say for sure is that I haven't TNR'd any cat of that color at this colony; he's virtually the same color as Yellow Fellow and probably related, but I'm sure I'm not confusing the two; YF is slightly yellower and he hangs out at the remote dish nowadays. We shall see...
Meanwhile, the Black's foot seems to be getting better; he's definitely touching it down when he walks and he still lets me handle it a bit. Claws are still intact and workable, but the puffiness misaligns the toes just a bit, so he looks like a cheaply made stuffed toy. It's not hot or damaged, just tender, so maybe he can get past this without a vet visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment